Friday, October 9, 2009

Until further notice, I am not in charge...

Game 5 is tonight my brothers and sisters! I can't wait...come on FEVER!! We need a Cinderella story!!

So, I have a question. Why are the Storm players running off to play overseas? That's a serious question. I understand that it keeps them in shape and keeps them playing, but why don't they spend the off-season practicing as the Storm team? The Storm must improve in 2010. They proved to be average, at best this year. Why aren't they working together as a team during the off season? Yea, yea, money. I know, but still...

The WNBA is a job. They have a skill, they are hired. It's a job. They get paid for doing a job. I have a job. I get paid for doing a job. If I were to be average, at best in my job, I'd probably be fired. If my boss were unwilling or unable to mentor me into being successful, my boss would probably be fired. So, here we are. These ballers have jobs with the WNBA. They are average, at best. So who's going to be fired? We all know that it won't be Agler. He just signed a 2 year extension. I am most unhappy about that, but until further notice, I am not in charge. I honestly think the Storm fans will revolt if the following players aren't fired: ARob, Hyphen, maybe even Geralds.

Somebody better get fired!!

3 comments:

  1. Great Point! I think it will take some time for the WNBA to gain a bit more fans and publicity. The WNBA is becoming a force in the sports world however I think the WNBA is still missing the huge paychecks from corporations for advertisements. Once this starts to roll in the players will be getting paid more and hopefully than can become more like the NBA and have the players only play in the WNBA and not overseas. Also, the start players in the WNBA should get paid bonuses in their contract if they didn't go and play overseas. Maybe this would help to entice players to stay in the states and practice with their WNBA team more.

    OK I'm just blabbing on, but great point and I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-when you have 4 month long season-it's not enough. Paychecks aside, the WNBA would need a long season to entice them to play only here. You can't play for 4 months and practice for 8 and get better. Competitors need to compete to get better. You don't get that from practice. The players who show the most improvement season to season are the ones who play overseas. Unfortunately-that increases the rate of injury to because their bodies are run down. It's a bad cycle.
    I feel you-but we're not there yet! Continue to get better, build a bigger fan base and then start seeing the benefits from that.

    Another side note-if you show up to training camp and you are overweight or out of shape then you aren't a professional athlete and shouldn't be treated as such. I'm talking to you Courtney Paris-too heavy. A-Rob who is out of shape. Ashley Walker to heavy. Take yourself seriously if you want others to take you seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting Tanner! Keep on keepin' in!

    The WNBA is just starting to get corporate sponsorship. ADIDAS sponsored the finals which was some of the best basketball I've ever seen in the WNBA! LifeLock sponsors Phoenix. They're coming!! I also think Candace Parker-type players will help the WNBA. Women who can dunk SHOULD DUNK! The fans love that stuff! Stop crying Candance and DUCK IT!!

    Silly Wabbit, thanks for your comments. I know you're a total baller so I take your comments seriously! I get it that a 4 month season is too short. Agreed! But all I'm sayin' is ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Am I right or am I right? I'm talking exclusively Storm. They have tons of talent and should be able to be a contender...so why aren't they?

    ReplyDelete