Monday, September 14, 2009

$100,000 dollar girl...

LJ is my favorite baller of all time. She just is. I hope she spends the rest of her career with the Storm.

But the little devil on my shoulder keeps asking "how can you pay $100k for a player who only plays half the season and doesn't play in the playoffs?". I'm almost ashamed to even have this thought, but seriously?

Last year LJ had an injury that prevented her from playing in the 1st series of the playoffs and guess what...the Storm lost. This year, same story. Looks like LJ won't play the first round of the series against LA. Now, I understand LJ can't help being hurt. I get that. But at what point do we say enough is enough?

$100,000 would buy 2 young energetic players. Clearly, those 2 young energetic players couldn't replace LJ, but if LJ hasn't played in the playoffs the last 2 years, what difference does it make? We're talking about professional sports. The only purpose of the game is to win, right? So, why are we spending this kind of coin on a baller who hasn't been able to play a majority of the past 2 seasons? Swoopes is still out there unclaimed. A. Paris is still out there unclaimed.

Is the $100,000 dollar girl worth $100,000 if she can't play?

1 comment:

  1. I love LJ. LOVE her. I agree that she can't help being injured but I want to win. I want to see our star player playing! I also want our bench to be more then 2 deep.
    What does Agler need to do? Build a stronger bench so our star player doesn't have to play an entire game with no back up.

    ReplyDelete