Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whoever's playing LA...

Three days and counting until the Storm's first playoff game against...LA.

I had a personal struggle with the playoffs this year. See, before the playoff schedule came out, my family booked a trip for this weekend (2 games of the 3 game series are played at home this weekend!). Had I not been sucked in by that darn Priceline Negotiator, the trip would have been cancelled...but several hundred dollars later and that pesky little "no cancellation policy" nonsense put me in a bit of a pickle. Be at the playoff games vs. losing the money. Tossing and turning, crying and cursing, then POOF a decision was made. We made arrangements to return on an early flight so we'll make the 3rd game in the series (if that game will even be played), but we will be missing the 2nd series game. I'm a bit bummed, but we plan on finding a pub across the water and watching game 2 from afar. Making the best of it!

So here we are preparing for the playoffs. Deja vu...same song and dance as last year, with a much different outcome we hope! Last year the Storm lost to LA in the first round of the playoffs. Tragic really. Home court advantage is a very good thing for the Storm. We just need LJ, Birdie and Cash back in action!

I'm often asked "who's your favorite WNBA player?". My answer..."that's a tough one because there are so many talented ballers in the league." The other question I get a lot is "who's your favorite WNBA team?". My answer..."that's an easy one...my favorite WNBA team is whoever's playing LA!"

P.S. All of you Sparks fans, I'm just kidding! Of course my favorite WNBA team is the Storm. My second favorite WNBA team is whoever's playing LA!

Beat LA!

1 comment:

  1. Go Storm go! I'll take Bird and Cash. We are showing we can play without LJ more and more-sad but true.

    ReplyDelete