Friday, September 18, 2009

From the island of misfits...

Storm v. LA
Game 2 Series 1

Instead of sitting in Key Arena screaming my guts out, I'm sitting in a hotel room in Victoria BC watching the game on a laptop computer! You know what? I'm ok with that. I was so disappointed initially, but here I am watching the game with my honey and eating noodles with black bean sauce and garlic...not a bad way to spend a Friday night.

We've been trailing throughout the entire game, but here we are in the 4th up by 8. Let me repeat that. Up by 8. The $100,000 girl is still out on injury and frankly, our players look like they're from the island of misfits, but we're holding our own.

Does this mean the Storm will win? I'm realistic enough to admit - it's highly unlikely. But I'm glad they are staying alive.

Well folks, we're down by 2 with 17.5 seconds left in the game. It's not looking good. 15.5 seconds left. Tina Thompson's at the line. Storm down by 3 with 14.3 left. Down by 4. Birdie with a 3! Storm down by 1 with 10.7 seconds left. Storm down by 1 with 3 seconds left. LA inbounds...deflected by Storm...T. Wright passes to Little. Little scores 2 for the win! OMG! Storm wins! Storm wins! Storm wins! Storm wins!

See ya Sunday for Game 3 of Series 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment