Friday, September 11, 2009

It's not you, it's me...

With 3 starters out (who happen to be All Stars, MVPs, 1st Round Draft Picks, and overall Badasses), the Storm held their own AND THEN SOME against the Western Conference Champion Phoenix Mercury last night. Die-hard Storm fans were anticipating a 20+ loss, but after a tie that lead us into Overtime, the loss wasn't as bad as expected!

The flames that were spewing from my brain during the last 3 minutes of the game have fizzled out however the voices inside my head screamed a question that remains unanswered..."Hey Agler, what are you thinking?"

I'm no coach, and I'm no expert, but I know that if it aint broken, don't fix it! PeeWee, Tanisha, Little, Burse, Atkinson NOT BROKEN! ARob and Batkovic-Brown [Batkovic-Brown will be referred to as "Hyphen" going forward] BROKEN!

I love me some Aussie's but Hyphen, it just isn't working out! You seem lost...literally "where am I and what is this orange round thing in my hands" lost. That was a totally clean block in OT Hyphen, but I think it's over. It's not you, it's me.

I'm no mathematician, but on a scale of 0 - 10, with 0 being the worst and 10 being the best, a -14 (that's right...negative 14) for ARob is a bit less than the worst. "Oh, but ARob is a "big" you say? This "big" had a whopping ZERO offensive rebounds and ZERO defensive rebounds for a grand total of ZERO rebounds!

Here's where those voices in my head start getting louder. ARob, a veteran Storm player vs. Atkinson, a non WNBA player who we just picked up and never having played with the Storm before. Both played around the same amount of time. Both scored 2 points. Atkinson had a whopping 8 rebounds compared to ARobs 0. Atkinson had 3 assists to ARobs 1. Atkinson had 4 steals to ARobs 0. Rocket science? I think not.

So, why then did Agler put ARob and Hyphen in for the last 3 minutes of overtime? That, my fellow ballers, is the question. Anyone have an answer? The voices in my head would like to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. Good question, I really question Agler in some of the things that he does, both as a coach and as a director of player personnel. I think there needs to be someone else involved in this. I was sorry to hear that his contract was being extended. He is a good but not great coach with definite weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said the same thing. Atkinson was obviously playing her ass off. Maybe she had something to prove, I don't know, but...seriously. We needed her fire in OT. And she only played the last minute? It's like, wtf Agler. I felt like that game was winnable. We just needed to have the correct players in the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ballers for commenting! I'm glad to know I'm not alone in questioning all of this! Agler's good, but we have tons of talent on this Storm team and a coach should be able to take all of this talent to the championship!

    Keep checking in!

    She shoots, she scores!

    ReplyDelete